Sections To Read
- Home Main Page
- Services You Could Avail Of By Partnering Me For Your Online Marketing Activity
- About Me
- Contact Me
- What People Have To Say About Pervara
- Posts And Articles From Guest Bloggers
- Your Contribution To This Blog As Guest Blogger
- #AFFILIATEFORBUSINESS 6 IDEAS Excellent Marketing Resources For Start - Ups, Freelancers, Self - Employed, Small Businesses, Writers, Creative People, SEOs, Technical People, Professionals, NGOs, And Many More
- #KeyResources FOR BRANDS AND BUSINESS TO GET MAXIM...
Social Media Network - Marketing by Pervara Kapadia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at pervarakapadiaatmoney.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://pervarakapadiaatmoney.blogspot.com/.
Friday, March 27, 2009
A freelancer, freelance worker, or freelance is a self-employed person who pursues a profession without a long-term commitment to any particular employer. The term "freelance" was first coined by Sir Walter Scott (1771–1832) in his well-known historical romance Ivanhoe to describe a "medieval mercenary warrior" (or "free-lance"). The phrase later transitioned to a figurative noun around the 1860s and was then officially recognized as a verb in 1903 by various authorities in etymology such as the Oxford English Dictionary. Only in modern times has the term morphed from a noun (a freelance) into an adjective (a freelance journalist), various verb forms (a journalist who freelances) and an adverb (she worked freelance), and then from the verb into the derived, now commonly-used, noun form "freelancer".
Posted by Pervara Kapadia at Friday, March 27, 2009