What is 'like' and why people click 'like':
- 'Like' is so far the only way to get an entry onto the brand / company / business Page. So basically it is a 'connector'. Had the 'like' word been anything else as connect, contact, join, same amount would have joined! What do you think!?
- Just because the site has called the connector as 'Fan' and keeping this as the only connection button / click it does not mean that people clicking are Fans by the true definition of Fan.
- It is universal truth that people like discounts and freebies - this is since the time currency came into society and barter system was out. Maximum people join Facebook Pages to receive these.
- People also join to get inside information,to receive updates, to be the first to know, to be seen and to show that they support a brand / cause, for fun and entertainment and so on.
- There are certain segments who find it convenient to complain, give feedback etc also.
- There are those who join because it is recommended to them by someone.
- And, yes there are those who would like to interact and share.
Now your turn: according to you would clicking a 'like' button take us to definite purchase? What is your take?
To discover, share, question answer sessions and converse on Social Media do join me at facebook.com/pervarakapadia