There are a couple of functionality that you could avail of when you have your account on Twitter. The functions are messaging, mentioning and re-tweeting.
What is re-tweet?
In simple terms re-tweet means sharing / to share. The short / abbreviated form of re-tweet is RT. Which means that you enable a message to spread and at the same time you enable your network to gain the message as well. So at one end you become a good influencer while on the other hand you help others to gain knowledge / information and so on.
How to re-tweet?
Hover the cursor over the message that you would want to share. On doing this you will see the re-tweet icon / word. Click this and your messages is re-tweeted! Add to this in case you realize that you wish to undo the re-tweeted message then all you have to do is again hover the cursor over the same re-tweeted message and there you will see undo re tweet. Click on this and your message is withdrawn.
What does re-tweet mean?
- When you re-tweet a message you would have really appreciated that message - as the message goes to your people from your end.
- Re-Tweeting is a way of respecting and to a very large extent openly announcing your approval / appreciation / agreement with regards to that message.
- It means taking the onus of the message and responding to the conversation that may take place as you re-tweet a message.
- When you re-tweet be clear that you are re-tweeting someone's message. Be open about this - thankfully now re-tweets cannot be edited. So the template of re-tweets remains the same.
- When your message gets re-tweeted you need to thank the person. Remember the person has taken onus and is carrying your baggage, and spreading your message. This gesture requires a thanks and acknowledgment that you appreciate this gesture.
To discover, share, question answer sessions and converse on Social Media do join me at facebook.com/pervarakapadia
Share this Page with people who require Social Media help for their brand and business.