- Asking questions: Social Media Sites like Facebook for instance enables you to have a quick survey. This way you can understand what your Community Members are seeking, what they like, what puts them off and so on. You can use questions as a great space to understand the various facets of your product / service / Social Media Page and so on.
- Listen: While you do ask questions you will require to read between lines as well. There could be brief conversations going on on your Social Media Page. Listen to these. Create alerts for your Brand / Business and check on what people are talking. Listen in to what is said about your competitors as well. Listening to what people write for searching can also be a great way to know what Keywords are to be used.
- Behind the scenes: People like to know the trivia. There is no harm in sharing on what is taking place at your corporate office / branch office. People like to know what other people are doing. Sharing is not bad. Share by way of text, video, audio, photos and so on.
- Do not sell: Please stop bombarding sales messages. Social Media is a very different work, it is not sales broadcast platform.
- Surprise and delight: This is definitely one of the best method. It works on ground, it works in direct marketing and it works on most marketing platforms like Social Media as well.
- Give value: While surprise and delight is a great way another amazing method is value addition. Try to see how you can go that extra mile to satisfy your Member, how can you provide matter that others cannot / do not.
- Honesty and transparency: Any Business requires transparency along with honesty. This goes without saying.
- A good note to go through would be on how you could go about planning and handling the Social Media requirements: http://goo.gl/65bCQ
- A note on handling of negative comments: http://goo.gl/tHTMP
- What are the Social Media uses for your brand and marketing objectives?: http://goo.gl/IDvFr
- Community Management on Social Media sites like Facebook is not just about having a Fan / Business Page set up: http://goo.gl/WgqSK
- A note on how to measure your Social Media efforts: http://goo.gl/uRv12
- Segregating Your Community Members: http://goo.gl/3y49u
- Measuring Your Customer In Social Media: http://goo.gl/EjAHQ
- A note on Types Of Your Audience Personalities in Social Media: http://goo.gl/vrYUd
- How To Decide The Frequency Of Your Posts On Social Media: http://goo.gl/wM2fL
Your turn - what would you look at?
My Business Page is on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pervarakapadia Do join me.