Search Engines are programmes, they are scripts, they are not human. Keeping this in mind here are a few pointers for you to get a brief understanding on what affects the Search Engine and how your Content could affect your ranking on the Search Engines.
- Though algorithms change there is no doubt that the quality and health of your Site / Blog is crucial. When we refer to health we are talking about the Content and the Frequency of Posts.
- If there are more people visiting your Site / Blog the the algorithms understand that this would be a healthy Site.
- If there are more people sharing to your Posts then this is a clear indication that the Posts are good.
- If there are people linking to your Site / Blog then again the Search Engine understands this as a positive sign.
- You will need to fix your KeyWord selection. It is essential that you start to identify a limited number of words as KeyWords.
- Search Engines also look at MetaTags. This is Off - Page SEO. Your MetaTag of Headlines, Descriptions, Labels etc are critical factors. They direct and entertain the Search Engine Crawlers.
- The images that you may upload are another crucial factor for Search Engine Indexing. The names of the Images should be based upon KeyWords that you would have selected.